1. What personal information do we collect?
Circumstances under which we may collect your personal information include, among others:
• we, or you request us to, provide goods or services to you;
• you deal with us (for example, you are our supplier);
• you are involved in a matter in relation to which we provide goods or services or otherwise work on;
• you deal with or are related to a person to whom we provide goods or services;
• you subscribe to our mailing list or newsletter;
• you attend our events; and
• you apply for employment with us.
The type of personal information we collect depends on the reason for collecting it. For example, if you are a customer to whom we provide goods or services, we may collect your personal details (such as name and date of birth), contact details (such as address, telephone number and email address), credit card details, bank account details and other relevant information about you.
2. How do we collect personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you whenever it is reasonable and practical to do so. We may also collect your personal information from third parties in the course of providing goods or services to you.
We may also install and operate security surveillance cameras on our premises, and by entering onto our premises you consent to our doing so.
If you elect not to provide some personal information to us, this may affect our ability to provide goods or services to you.
3. Why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information in connection with carrying out our activities, such as to understand our customers' needs in order to service them or to check our customers' credit worthiness.
4. How do we use personal information?
We use your personal information in the following ways:
• for the purposes for which the information is provided to or collected by us;
• for purposes to which you have consented, expressly or impliedly;
• for purposes in connection with legal proceedings;
• for the purposes of direct marketing (such as through mail, telephone, email or other electronic means), including to provide you with information about our products and services; and
• for purposes otherwise permitted by law.
You may contact us if you do not want to receive any marketing information from us. We will then cease sending such information to you as soon as practicable. We will not provide your personal information to non-associated parties for the purposes of their direct marketing of their goods or services to you, unless you agree for us to do so.
5. When do we disclose personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
• other persons or organisations to whom we refer you;
• third party service providers and contractors who provide services to us;
• credit reporting agencies; and
• other persons or organisations the disclosure to whom is permitted by law or you have consented, expressly or impliedly.
We may also disclose your personal information where:
• disclosure is required or desirable to lessen or prevent a serious threat or harm to an individual's or public life, health or safety;
• there are serious concerns about the safety or wellbeing of any person;
• the information is subpoenaed, is required to be disclosed by law or a court or tribunal, or is disclosed in relation to legal proceedings;
• the information is required by a law enforcement agency or a competent authority; or
• disclosure is required by mandatory regulatory requirements or professional codes by which we or our staff are bounded.
6. How do we ensure your personal information is correct?
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us, please contact us if any personal information you have provided is incorrect, incomplete, misleading or has changed.
7. How do we keep your personal information secure?
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, as data transmission via electronic means (such as the internet) cannot be guaranteed to be totally secure, we do not accept responsibility for the security of information transmitted to or by us via electronic means.
8. How can you access or correct your personal information?
You have the right to access your personal information held by us. We are committed to giving you access within a reasonable time frame. You can also make a request for us to correct any inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out-of-date personal information.
We will not refuse your request for access or correction unless there are legal reasons for doing so. In such circumstances, we will explain those reasons to you. We may charge a reasonable fee for access to your personal information.
For security reasons, a written request will be required to access or correct your personal information.
10. Contact Us
For your privacy related questions or complaints, please contact our administrator on +61 (0) 3 57 343536 or email@example.com